Platform step Ladder is a self-supporting mobile ladder. These ladders are normally known as Platform Ladders. They are sophisticated ladders that use a work platform as an alternative for your employee to work on. They may probably remind you of the bigger portable ladders which have been continuously used effectively in factories for a very long period.
Platform Step Ladder’s Features
Platform ladders have features that are distinctive. These ensure that you carry out your work well. These features include:
- They have a non-adjustable length-This means that their length is not flexible.
- They have a hinged design to ease storage as it if made for use by only a single person.
- It is mounted at the highest intended standing level.
- A folding pail (bucket) shelf might also be provided.
- A maximum work height can be set up by adding the users height and reach to the highest standing level of the ladder.
- The top platform is surrounded on the 3 sides by a railing that is at least twenty inches higher than the platform surface.
- They range in size (from 2-18 ft. in length) as measured from the bottom along the side to the top of the platform.
Benefits of Platform Step Ladder
Each time you have work to do that needs working at height, it is good to use the correct and right equipment. When working indoors, platform ladder may be the sensible option as it is better than standing on your household furniture. Many home accidents are as a result of lack of enough care when getting to high heights. Platform ladder might be the best option you have to choose as it has the following advantages:
- The platform is designed or a long standing at a specific height and it is significantly simpler on the feet, this is a very important feature as it benefits you. With the regular step ladder, your worker will have a step over the arches of the feet and may cause discomfort with extended use.
- The ladders dimension is very useful; it creates an additional secure footing for your employee.
- Another pro is, if they get utilized as designed by their layout, your employees will be alienated from dealing with them in leaning them against walls, this is because the reality that the platforms can not fall into position except when the ladder is opened up
- When opened up, the platform actually locks the ladder in that position. This feature ensures that they get a weightier and broader position; this creates a good deal to your employee as it gains balance and remains upright.
- The platform might be used as a place to store paints, tools cans and much more, meaning that your employee does not have to hold them while climbing up or down the steps or when working.
- It has an extended handrail above the steps which your employee can use to provide another point of contact when climbing the steps. Moreover, a platform locks the ladder into position when in use, this provides stability and rigidity.
- The sturdy platform is normally coated with a non-slip surface; therefore, your employee may stand on while working. It might be much comfortable for his back and feet when standing or a longer period of time, and he can be able to reach a larger surface safely.
- Some of the platform step ladders are fitted with wheels; this makes it easier for you to move them whenever a job is required at a different place. This saves you money as you don’t have to buy every time you need a job done at a different place.
Usage of Platform Step Ladder
These ladders need a level ground support for each of the four side rails. If this condition doesn’t exist platform ladder should not select for that work.
When climbing up and down, you should face the ladder and maintain the firm hold. You should not carry other objects while climbing.
Never use a platform unless the spreaders are locked and its base is fully opened.
Ensure that the anti-slip feet found at the bottom is in good condition before using it.
Since the braces found on the rear of the platform is not meant for standing or climbing ensure you don’t use them for that purpose.